PowerPoint Mac 2016: The image part with relationship ID rId2 was not found in the file.. When you just upgraded to PowerPoint for Mac, Office 2016, andyou are getting this error:
‘The image part with relationship ID rId2 was not found in the file’
Is there a fix for this?? Preferably before tomorrow morning? These are all images that I either created or pulled as screen shots. (All jpegs.)
You are supposed to install updates to fix this.
If you have a corrupt presentation, you’ll have to rebuild it from scratch. You will not have this problem in the future once you install updates. Here’s how to install updates:
Make sure your Mac has a working internet connection before checking for updates. Install Mac OS X updates followed by Office updates.
Install Mac OS X updates first:
To get Mac OS updates, go to the App store on your dock, and then click the Updates button to reveal available updates.
Then Install Office Updates
To get the update:
1. Open any Office application:
3. Make sure your Mac has a working internet connection
4. Go to the Help menu and choose Check for Updates
5. Let AutoUpdate check for and install updates
6. Restart your Mac
1) ALWAYS put your presentation on the hard drive, never on removable media, before editing it
2) NEVER put your presentation in a folder where some other program will access it while you’re editing, especially programs that try to synch the folder with the cloud (Dropbox and the like).
Unfortunately, once the file’s giving you this error, it’s already damaged; there’s no fix other than deleting the pictures and re-adding them.