system process high disk usage: How to fix High “system” process disk usage .I am having this issue from yesterday. My computer suddenly slow down. I went to task manager and saw system process at top of task manager window. I tried lot of stuff and did not work. I updated windows some days ago. I need help ASAP cause I use this computer for class.
The same question System high disk usage,:
Antimalware Service Executable High Disk, memory and CPU usage after 2018-03 updates
Just did update yesterday 2018-03 updates and suddenly antimalware service executable takes all my disk, memory and CPU too high up to 100% every minute until now and Virus threat protection keeps coming out eventhough i’m not doing a scanning. This just happen AFTER the updates. Any idea
Antimalware Service Executable is one of the background-running services in Windows Defender. Antimalware Service Executable is running to scan the malware and spyware when you access them. It will detect if there’s anything harmful on your PC Aside from that, it also takes a background scan of your system for any viruses or worms. Its scanning relies heavily on your computer’s CPU, that’s why you find it’s eating the CPU usage on your Windows 10. To get this sorted, I suggest to follow the steps below:
Method 1: Change Windows Defender’s schedule
The error is mainly due to its real-time protection feature. Kindly follow the steps to change Windows Defender’s schedule to fix it.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box. Type taskschd.msc and press Enter.
- Double-click on Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows.
- Double-click Windows Defender in Windows. Then double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.
- Uncheck Run with highest privileges.
- Uncheck all the items in the Conditions section. Then click OK.
Method 2: Add Antimalware Service Executable to Windows Defender exclusion list
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I at the same time to open the Settings window.
- Click Update & security.
- Click Windows Defender. Then click Add an exclusion in Exclusions.
- Click Exclude a .exe, .com or .scr process
- Type MsMpEng.exe. Then click OK.
Restart your PC and see if the issue persists.
Method 3 system process high disk usage
If you are facing such an issue, here are a few troubleshooting steps that may help you resolve the issue. Create a system restore point first and then go through the entire list and decide which one or more of the suggestions you want to try.
- Uninstall 3rd-party browsers
- Run Chkdsk
- Disable Cloud-based protection in Windows Defender
- Disable Windows Search Indexer
- Disable Print Spooler Service
- Adjust the Visual Effects
- Update Device Drivers
- Run SFC & DISM
- Run the Performance Troubleshooter
- Upgrade your firmware or upgrade your RAM
- Use Refresh Windows Tool
- Examine System Health Report
- Troubleshoot using Process Tamer
- Is Message Signaled Interrupt enabled?
- Turn off Windows write-cache buffer flushing on the device
Feel free to post back should you have further concerns.
This issuse came about after a standard windows update. Unfortunely the only usage on my disk was under the the “system” proccess and I am unable to do any deeper research. I have ran various malware detection softwares and did come up with one piece of adware. After I removed the adware my sistem ran fine for about 10 minutes then went high disk on the “System” process. i have check the task scheduler for timed tasks and triggered tasks and came up with nothing. I have Windows 10 64-bit Home installed. it might be worth saying that this high disk usage only when I am at near idle aswell. Taxing my machine seems to impove its performance (i.e. multitasking, gaming, etc.)
System high disk usage,
system idle process high disk usage,
Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry high disk,
ntoskrnl.exe high disk usage,
Services Host Local system high disk usage,
windows 8 system process high disk usage,
system process high cpu windows 10,