Vietnam visa renewal 2020 -vietnam visa extension 2020. How to extend and renew your Vietnam visa in COVID 19?
Vietnam visa extension 2020
How much longer you can stay in Vietnam will depend on the type of visa you currently have?
– If you enter Vietnam with a 15-day visa exemption you can extend your visa for 15 more days or 1 month. Kindly note that you cannot return again using a visa exemption within 30 days.
– If your current visa is a 1-month visa you can get it extended for another 1 month or 2 months.
– If your current visa is a 3-month visa you can get it extended for another 1 month or 3 months.
The procedure can take 7 – 10 working days (not available on weekends and Public Holidays) depending on the duration for the extension you want to apply for.
The procedure of Vietnam Visa Extension
1- Provide us with details of your current visa included:
+ Your nationality;
+ Visa category (15- day or 30-day visa exemption, 1 month single/ multiple, 3 months single/multiple …). DL stands for the tourist visa and DN stands for a business visa;
+ The latest date of your entry or the expiry date of your visa;
+ The port of entry: Hanoi airport, Danang airport, Ho Chi Minh airport or land border.
2- Inform us the duration for the extension you want to apply for.
3- Get a quote for the extension and be informed about the processing time.
4- Provide us your address and your convenient time for us to collect your original passport if you agree to get your visa extended through our company. You will get a receipt (received when the cashier accepts the application. Payment can be made when you get your passport back with the extended stamp for your stay).
We provide a range of collection and delivery services in Hanoi on behalf of the Consular Section. If you are living in other provinces and cities, please contact us for assistance.
5- Once your visa is extended, we will deliver your passport to the pickup location you specified when you scheduled your appointment. You should check accurate information on visa extensions being issued by the Immigration Department then pay an extension fee to our company.
Vietnam Visa Extension Fees
Vietnam tourist visa extension in Hanoi – Please contact us to check the exact fees!
Important Notes for Vietnam Visa Extension:
Your visa MUST be submitted for the extension one day before it expires by the latest (NOT AVAILABLE on the weekend and Public Holidays). It doesn’t matter if the extension is not done on your visa expiry date.
Visa extension fee can be paid either in US dollars or Vietnamese Dong or by credit card.
The above fee does not apply to Chinese and Korean citizens. If you would like to extend your Vietnam visa to Korean or Chinese, contact us for a detailed quote.
The above visa extension fee in Vietnam is applicable to tourist visas. Fees for visa restrictions may vary.
Visa extension fee may change from time to time.
The extended visa is valid for one entry.
Visa Extension means that you will have a new permission to further stay in Vietnam without leaving and reentering the country. By this action, you will get an extension stamp on your passport indicating your new stay duration.
Renew visa means that you are granted a new page sticker on your passport as a new visa with the new duration permission. The visa renewal fee is higher than the visa extension fee because you must pay stamping fee and visa sticker fee.
Note: This service is now not offered by the Vietnam Immigration Office. We will keep you updated immediately upon new developments.
Where to Extend Visa in Vietnam
You can have a visa agency to extend your visa in Vietnam or do it on your own at the Vietnam Immigration offices below.
- Hanoi immigration office: 44-46 Tran Phu, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
- Immigration office in Da Nang: 78 Le Loi, Thach Thang, Hai Chau, Da Nang
- Immigration office in Ho Chi Minh City: 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city
- Working hours: Monday-Friday (Morning: 7am – 11h30am; Afternoon: 1h30pm – 5pm) and Saturday (Morning time only)
How to extend Vietnam visa with Vietnam-visa.com
In case you use our visa extension service, you only need to go through the following 3 steps to get your visa successfully extended.
- Step 1: Send us soft copy of your passport and the page containing your current Vietnam visa and we will inform whether your visa can be extended or not
- Step 2: Send your original passport to our address and pay the extension fee
- Step 3: Get your passport with extended stay within 8 working days normally or 3 working days in urgent case upon your request
To renew your Vietnam visa 2020 or apply for a visa extension in Vietnam, please send a scan of your passport and visa page or apply at: Apply Viet Nam Visa